|This 15-hour course builds on skills learned in the Sewing Starter course (e.g., sewing machine operation, pattern layout, grain lines, reading a commercial pattern). Students will learn to take a commercial pattern and manipulate it to properly fit their figure. Sewing machines will be provided for students not wanting to bring their own.
Note: There are three potential projects: pants, blouse and dress. Projects rotate by session. Skill sets covered will focus on that session's project. The projects will rotate and the skill sets taught will focus on the project. For example, pant project, will teach, fly zipper, proper crotch fit. The blouse project will focus on collar, cuffs, button holes.. This session we will construct the Blouse: McCalls M7575, Button-Down Shirt with Collar, Sleeve and Pocket Variations.
- Dressmaker scissors
- Paper scissors
- Dressmaker pins
- Variety pack of hand sewing needles
- Seam ripper
- Thread to match fabric
- Tape measure
- Marking chalk pencil or water-soluble fabric marking pen
- 18" clear plastic ruler
- Seam gauge
- Muslin in the amount needed to make your pattern (based on project as listed below)
- Pants: Simplicity 2860, Amazing Fit Collection, Women's Slacks, Slim, Average & Curvy
- Blouse: McCall's M7575, Button-Down Shirt with Collar, Sleeve and Pocket Variations
- Dress: McCall's M7352, Jewel or V-Neck Fit and Flare Dress