Course DescriptionExamine every aspect of a city’s operations and how technology can be used to improve citizens' quality of life. The foundation of a Smart City is Smart People — the driving force for creating innovative infrastructure and systems solutions. A successful Smart City depends upon a knowledgeable, professional workforce ready to take on the challenges of a technology-powered community. This interactive and collaborative course requires active participation to obtain maximum benefit and skill development.
- Introduction and Exploration of Smart City Foundations, Applications, Players, Principles, Technology and Trends
- Smart Cities Systems and Subsystems
- The Roles and Governance of Smart Citizens
- Waves of Innovation in Infrastructure, IoT, Networking and Data
- Economic Waves and Globalization 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0
- Smart Cities Communities of Practice, Culture and Inclusion Strategies
- Standards and Governance
- Digital, Smart and Intelligent Cities and IoT Applications
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the core competencies and new skills for a successful Smart City.
- Comprehend the outcomes of the class.