Course DescriptionSupply chain is one of the most important functions for any business in terms of supplying quality raw materials, an effective manufacturing process, and the tracking, transport and storage of finished goods. This course addresses issues in global supply chain performance, dynamics and management. Students will learn tools for planning, control and coordination, along with techniques for implementing supply chain design and strategy.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand SCM and how its principles effect business and the economy.
- Understand how SCM impacts warehousing, distribution, procurement, inventory, transportation, IT and consumer frameworks.
- Address real-world logistics problems dealing with imports, exports, customs and border controls.
- Analyze a firm's SCM operations.
- Apply logistics technology and purchasing concepts to improve supply chain operations.
- Apply quality management tools for process improvement.
- Develop a demand plan and forecast.
- Demonstrate best practices in procurement and order management.