Discover the history of hard cider and learn how to ferment your own. Participants will watch and participate in a demonstration of how to start the cider-making process on a small scale. Participants will also experience a tasting session. Each participant will receive supplies to begin their own batch of hard cider at home (included in course fee).
No previous fermentation experience or cider knowledge necessary. Must be 21 or older to register.
- In Europe (English, French, Spanish)
- In the U.S. (settlers, temperance/Prohibition and post-Prohibition)
Cider and Apples
- Cider styles (modern, heritage, spiced, fruit, rosé)
- Apple classifications (sweet, sharp, bittersweet, bittersharp)
- Apples for cider
- Pressing apples
- Demonstration (instructional handout provided)
- Tasting session and discussion