This course teaches the fundamental payroll calculations and applications necessary for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry and individuals preparing for the FPC or CPP certification examinations. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
This course includes the following topics:
- Payroll concepts
- Calculations of pay
- Calculations of deductions and net pay
- Fringe benefits and other payments
- Retirement plans
- Cafeteria plans
- Payroll reporting and employment taxes
- Record-keeping and payroll practices
- Payroll accounting and audits
- Payroll administration and management
Upon completion, students will:
- Gain a foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing their payroll career.
- Improve job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance.
- Gain access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations.
- Be prepared for the FPC exam.
In order for students to obtain a certificate of completion, they must meet the following criteria:
- Attend 80% of classes
- Complete pre-test with 85% or better
- Complete post-test with 85% or better
- Complete 50% of quizzes
- Individuals new to payroll.
- Seasoned payroll professionals.
- Payroll service and technology providers.
- Individuals interested in increasing their knowledge of payroll.
- Payroll professionals assuming more responsibility in the workplace.
- Anyone who works with payroll on a regular basis.
Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) or Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available to help maintain your FPC or CPP credential.