This course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the advanced skills necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This program is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development or CPP certification preparation.
Please note: In order to sit for the CPP exam, you must have spent at least three of the last five years working in the payroll profession.
* This course has both an in-person and webinar version. See right column for more details.
This course includes the following topics:
- Payroll concepts
- Calculation of pay
- Calculation of deductions and net pay
- Fringe benefits and other payments
- Retirement plans
- Cafeteria plans
- Payroll reporting and employment taxes
- Recordkeeping and payroll practices
- Payroll accounting and audits
- Payroll administration and management
- Health benefits
- International payments
Upon completion, students will:
- Gain a foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing their payroll career.
- Improve job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance.
- Gain access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations.
- Be prepared for the CPP exam.
In order for students to obtain a certificate of completion, they must meet the following criteria:
- Attend 80% of classes
- Complete pre-test with 85% or better
- Complete post-test with 85% or better
- Complete 50% of quizzes
- Individuals new to payroll.
- Seasoned payroll professionals.
- Payroll service and technology providers.
- Individuals interested in increasing knowledge of payroll.
- Payroll professionals assuming more responsibility in the workplace.
- Anyone who works with payroll on a regular basis.
Recertification credit hours (RCH) or continuing education units (CEU) are available to help maintain your FPC or CPP credential.