Events only last a few hours, but artistic talent and creative inspiration allow a professional event planner/designer to create an experience that will be remembered for a lifetime. Bringing an event to life is the most visual and fun element to planning events. Learn techniques for planning that event of a lifetime through food and beverage, lighting, color and branding without maxing out the budget.
Catering and Cuisine
- Delivering an unforgettable culinary experience.
- Create meal and beverage functions.
- Manage on- and off-premise catering.
- Creating detailed banquet event orders.
Event Element Assessment
- How to conceptualize an individual event.
- Where to look for inspiration.
- Principles of event design.
- The future of meeting design.
- Creating experiential events.
- Choosing the right design and décor technique.
- Creating vision boards.
Layout and Schematics
- Choosing the right tent for your event.
- The importance of examining floor plans.
Floral, Décor and Color Schemes
- What colors create what moods?
- How much detail should I add?
- Color schemes and effects that work.
- Evoking emotion with flowers.
- Accent décor.
- Elements to selecting the right venue, including capacity, location, technology, food and beverage, and aesthetics.
- Assessing your venue for design planning including rigging points, outlets, loading dock and freight elevator.
- Evaluating a venue’s challenges and assets to be incorporated into a design concept.
- Sourcing locations through DMCs, CVBs and other resources.
- How light or dark should the room be?
- Mood creation with lighting.
- Good aesthetics.
- Staging and rigging.
- Special effects and technology.
Consult, Design and Pricing Events
- Sourcing materials and budgeting.
- Working with vendors and ensuring they meet your standards.
- The right questions to ask to get a proper attendee profile.
- Selling your vision.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Create a design concept that achieves the client’s goals, meets their budget and can be executed in the venue with the time allotted.
- Explain the impact of event design features.
- Find inspiration and be creative.
- Conceptualize and plan a unique event.
- Implement a wide range of elements into a design concept.