The Film Crew Intensive prepares future film and media technicians and crew members for entry-level positions by providing a unique opportunity to learn directly from professionals working on Cleveland feature films and commercial sets. It was developed with the help of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and IATSE Local 209. Tri-C Film Academy trainees will work side by side with — and be mentored by — IATSE film industry professionals in various departments.
- Week 1: Department Overviews
- Week 2: Production/Sound Department
- Week 3: Art Department
- Week 4: Camera Department
- Week 5: Grip & Electric Departments
- Week 6: Final Practicum/All Departments
- Receive an IMDb credit.
- Network with industry professionals and fellow trainees.
- Better understanding of departmental chain of command, set etiquette, walkie etiquette, production documents, film lingo and equipment handling.
- Gain hands-on knowledge of film department on-set practices and procedures.
- Help build the Northeast Ohio film industry workforce.
- Receive work-for-hire compensation.