Course DescriptionThis course teaches participants various methods for mapping business processes. It includes 16 hours of classroom instruction and two to four hours of online assignments (varies by individual). Through experiential instruction, discussion, group activities and hands-on exercises, participants will learn how to identify a business process, read and create process maps and document the process.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of process and systems
- See a system as a whole rather than a collection of departments or discrete pieces
- Use process maps, system maps and other useful flowcharts to document key business processes
- Describe relationships between different entities, functions and processes
- Understand and identify areas for process improvement
- Mobilize for process change and quality improvement.