Course DescriptionThis course is a concise introduction to Lean and Six Sigma for employees who have been identified as leaders of organizational change and who will manage LSS project teams. Champion training provides a firm understanding of the foundation of Lean and the opportunities that a Lean culture provides for an organization, as well as an understanding of the resources employees need to successfully implement Lean projects. Participants will understand their roles as Leaders/Champions and learn how to ensure teams are successful in the implementation of projects resulting in process improvements that reduce costs, enhance services and eliminate the waste of organizational resources. This blended-learning course includes approximately four hours of online content that must be completed prior to in-class instruction.
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Understand general Lean and Six Sigma concepts
- Identify processes within the organization that provide opportunities for process improvement, waste elimination and reduced costs
- Understand Lean Six Sigma tools used to successfully plan, implement and measure LSS projects
- Understand the benefits organizations receive through Lean Six Sigma projects
- Understand how leaders can best support Lean project teams