Course DescriptionLean Six Sigma Yellow Belt for Health Care is ideal for all individuals working within a health care environment. Yellow Belts are familiar with Lean Six Sigma methodologies and the tools necessary to identify opportunities for eliminating waste, reducing costs and improving processes. This blended-learning course will give you the skills needed to represent individual departments or organizations as an active member on Lean Six Sigma project teams.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Understand the general principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Understand and describe the primary components of the DMAIC process
- Recognize/identify processes that are ideally suited for Lean Six Sigma within an organization
- Select which tools to use in the Lean Six Sigma process within a health care setting
- Represent individual departments or organizations as an active member on a Lean Six Sigma project team
This is a blended-learning course, which means part of the training is done online and part is done in-person at a campus location. Your online access information will be sent to you via email on the start date of the class, which is two weeks before the first in-person training session.
Participants are required to complete all assigned course modules and exam within 30 days after the last classroom section.