Course DescriptionThis blended learning course is ideal for all individuals within an education environment who wish to become familiar with Lean Six Sigma methodologies and the tools necessary to identify opportunities for eliminating waste, reducing costs and improving processes. Yellow Belts have the skills to represent individual departments or organizations as active members on Lean Six Sigma project teams.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand general principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Describe primary components of the DMAIC process
- Recognize/identify processes ideally suited for Lean Six Sigma within an organization
- Select which tools to use in the Lean Six Sigma process within an education setting
- Represent individual departments or organizations as an active member on a Lean Six Sigma project team
This is a blended-learning course, which means part of the training is done online and part is done in-person at a campus location. Your online access information will be sent to you via email on the start date of the class, which is two weeks before the first in-person training session.
Participants are required to complete all assigned course modules and exam within 30 days after the last classroom section.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt for Education : Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt for Education