Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods and impulses and to manage them according to the situation. This course provides tools for becoming emotionally intelligent in the workplace. An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage his or her own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems and use humor to build rapport in tense situations.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Define EQ and identify the four corresponding skills.
- Understand personal levels of EQ via the EQ appraisal.
- Isolate strategies to improve EQ.
- Engage in meaningful discussions and improve understanding of how EQ skills can be applied in daily life.
- Create a personal action plan.
NotesThis course is part of the Experienced Manager Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- The Experienced Manager Certificate Program : The Experienced Manager Certificate Program