This Dental Assistant Radiographer classroom training of seven (7) hours is an Ohio State Dental Board approved sponsor of the course. Clinical experience is required following classroom hours for completion. Upon successful course completion, a Certificate of Completion will be forwarded to the student.
Classroom Training experience includes but not limited to the following:
• Radiation Physics
• Radiation Biology
• Radiation Health, Safety, and Protection
• X-ray File and Radiographic Film Quality
• Radiographic Techniques
• Darkroom Processing and Mounting Techniques
• Film Mounting
Clinical Experience is outside of the classroom and is the student’s responsibility.
• Experience making a variety of radiographs and radiographic surveys.
• Must be completed within sixty (60) days after classroom training.
• Experience may be performed in the dental office in which the Dental Assistant is employed or is serving as an externship.
• The employing/supervising Dentist must certify that the clinical experience was completed.
Ohio Dental Board Application is online through eLicense portal that requires Certificate of Completion along with necessary information/documentation for processing.
Online application fee is not included in cost.
All Radiographer Certification expires on December 31st of the even year regardless of first issuance date. There is a 2-hour continuing education requirement (Dental Radiography: Radiation Protection Update) that is available for certification renewal.