This seven-hour course meets all Ohio State Dental Board requirements. Clinical experience required following classroom hours. Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion.
• Radiation physics
• Radiation biology
• Radiation health, safety and protection
• X-ray file and radiographic film quality
• Radiographic techniques
• Darkroom processing and mounting techniques
• Film mounting
Clinical experience takes place outside the classroom and is the student’s responsibility.
• Experience making a variety of radiographs and radiographic surveys.
• Must be completed within 60 days of final classroom session.
• Experience may be performed in the dental office in which the student is employed or serving in an externship.
• The employing/supervising dentist must certify that the clinical experience was completed.
The Ohio Dental Board application must be completed online through the eLicense Portal. Tri-C Certificate of Completion and necessary information/documentation required for processing.
Online application fee not included in cost.
All radiographer certification expires on Dec. 31 of the even year, regardless of first issuance date. There is a two-hour continuing education requirement (Dental Radiography: Radiation Protection Update) available for certification renewal.