Course DescriptionAudits remain a crucial requirement of the ISO/IATF standards to verify the compliance of an organization's quality management system. Internal auditors must be knowledgeable of ISO/IATF requirements to effectively perform internal audits. Taught by experienced auditors, this one-day refresher course is designed for both new and existing auditors who need a thorough refresher on how to perform an internal audit. Participants will review the tools needed to effectively prepare and conduct first- and second-party audits. This course uses interactive learning methods to engage participants in a review of documented information, process approach and risk-based thinking.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Refresh knowledge of QMS auditing and auditing techniques.
- Update knowledge of audit principles, tools and terminology.
- Identify the tools needed to effectively form an audit team and conduct an audit meeting.
- Understand the process approach and risk-based thinking to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
- Gain additional knowledge of ISO/IATF requirements and intent.
- Learn best practices for auditing from experienced second- and third-party auditors.