This AAPC-approved, instructor-led course prepares students for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national certification exam through a mix of classroom lectures, reading assignments, practice exercises, timed tests and knowledge-based examinations. Students must attend all classroom hours and pass all course exams with a cumulative score of 70% or higher to earn a certificate of completion and CEUs.
- Minimum two years of related work experience and/or completion of medical coding course
- Medical terminology and anatomy and physiology knowledge obtained via prior coursework
- Medical terminology, including anatomy and physiology
- CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS coding guidelines
- E/M coding, anesthesia, radiology, pathology/laboratory and modifiers
- Coding scenarios
- Time management
- CPC exam techniques and strategies
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand concepts, elements and rules of medical coding
- Confidently review and assign procedure and diagnosis codes
- Effectively manage time during CPC exam
- Increase the likelihood of your passing the CPC exam. (This course does not guarantee you will pass the CPC exam).
- Earn 1.6 CEUs
Supply List (bring to class on first day)
- CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II books
- Highlighters (orange, blue, pink, yellow and green)
- Ink pen (preferably Zebra brand), any color other than black
- Ribbons (two, each approx. 2.5 ft. long)
Course Materials (included)
- AAPC Official Study Guide-CPC Certification
- AAPC Annual Student Membership (upon successful completion)*
*Students are responsible for scheduling their own CPC exam at an approved AAPC site or online through AAPC.