Course DescriptionThe Chartered Tax Professional (CTP) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who advise clients on income tax situations. Students who complete this comprehensive program will be prepared to handle almost any individual or small business income tax situation. Participants must successfully complete a series of six 30-hour modules (with instructor support). All courses are offered online and can be completed any time, anywhere. Each module consists of 10 three-hour lessons and can be completed in five to 10 weeks (one or two lessons per week).
- Basic Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Intermediate Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Advanced Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Small Business Income Tax Preparation
- Advanced Level II Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Small Business Level II Income Tax Preparation
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Prepare all standard individual and small business income tax returns.
- Prepare more complex individual and small business income tax returns.
- Solve the issues involved in preparing tax returns for various business entities.
Participants will have 18 months to complete this course. After successfully completing all course exams, students will earn Chartered Tax Professional (CTP) designation.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies.
- Disable pop-up blocker.