Course DescriptionFinancial markets have evolved over the past few years, becoming robust and complex in nature. Success in this area requires specialized knowledge and skills around both the functioning of the markets and the financial instruments used. This online course offers participants a basic understanding of the various markets and instruments and provides detailed knowledge covering the qualitative and quantitative aspects of all markets.
- Brokerage operations
- Commodity and energy markets
- Equity markets
- Fixed-income markets
- Foreign exchange markets
- Money markets
- Trading operation controls
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe major services offered by prime brokers.
- Deliver and settle methods in commodity trading.
- Understand the dynamics of global equity markets.
- Enhance returns and measure performance using portfolio management techniques.
- Determine the characteristics of various global bonds.
- Describe various flotation methods and illustrate the effect of different factors on flotation method selection.
- Discuss the nuances of foreign exchange markets.
- Identify the fundamentals of money markets.
- Explain trading and operational activities in trade life cycle.
Participants will have 12 months to complete this course.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies.
- Disable pop-up blocker.