Course DescriptionFinancial planning and wealth management are key skills needed for today's leaders. This online course presents key information to help participants understand the basic aspects of estate planning and various methods of property transfers, gifts and gift tax. Other topics include insurance concepts, mutual funds, retirement planning and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which requires institutions to disclose privacy policies and limits instances in which consumer information can be shared.
- Transfer of property
- Gift and gift tax
- Analyzing the resources of the person
- Basic concepts in financial planning
- Financial products for savers
- Financial products for investors
- The psychographics and life cycle of the investor
- Goals and investment objectives
- Tax planning
- Model portfolio
- Principles of insurance
- Analysis and evaluation of risk exposures
- Life insurance
- Underwriting and claims
- General insurance: individuals
- Health, long-term care and disability insurance
- Actuarial principles
- Group insurance
- Structure and constituents
- Mutual fund products
- Management of bond fund portfolio
- Management of equity fund portfolio
- Accounting and valuation of mutual funds
- Prospectus and annual reports of mutual funds
- Mutual fund performance evaluation
- Mutual fund industry regulations
- Analysis of retirement needs
- Investment considerations
- Social Security
Participants will have six months to complete this course.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies.
- Disable pop-up blocker.