This online course package with a coach includes 24 hours of pre-licensing education for mortgage loan officers (MLOs) in addition to exam prep and 2.5 hours with an MLO coach.
Online Portion: Engaging videos and activities help you learn the online content and apply it to a range of exercises, real-life scenarios and case studies.
- SAFE Comprehensive MLO Pre-Licensing Course (20 hours)
- OH-ORMLA SAFE: State Pre-Licensing Course (4 hours)
- SAFE MLO Exam Prep Edge
Coach Portion: The MLO Coach has been a Mortgage Loan Officer for 30 years. They will provide support throughout the course, which is detailed below:
- Introduction to MLO Business Phone Conversation (30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Online Course Access will be granted after the phone call
- Check-In Points (two 20-minute sessions)
- Conclusion Session (30 minutes)
You will have 11 days to complete the online, self-paced course portion.
The 20-hour MLO Pre-Licensing Course fulfills SAFE Act requirements through a comprehensive introduction to the principles and practices of mortgage lending. In addition to the required core topics, the course covers:
- Uniform state content
- General mortgage knowledge
- Mortgage loan origination activities, including loan inquiry and application process requirements, qualification, closing and financial calculations
- Participants have 11 days to complete the self-paced online course portion.
- Coaching sessions will be scheduled based on the coach and student's schedule.
- The course fee does not include the licensing exam application or fee. Students must apply, pay and take the exam on their own. Learn more here.
- Internet access and a computer are required.