Course DescriptionSpecial events are a great way to raise funds and build awareness and community support for an organization. Working with nonprofits can be rewarding, yet challenging. Planning successful nonprofit fundraising events takes a variety of skills as well as mental resilience. Learn planning techniques and explore the elements involved in using special events as a fundraising tool for nonprofits.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Translate a nonprofit’s vision into practical application and measure success.
- Write proposals and price services for the nonprofit client.
- Work with boards and committees.
- Create a "legacy" or annual event.
- Create communication, marketing and public relations plans.
- Develop a sponsorship kit and program ad book and solicit silent and live auction items to support financial objectives for a nonprofit client.
- Create planning documents.
- Understand the importance of volunteers and how to use them.