Course DescriptionLarge-scale public events require months of careful planning and organizing. Public events come with their own set of challenges and require additional logistics to create a unique experience for attendees. This course provides a solid understanding of the basics of planning and operating large festivals.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Work with clients to establish goals and objectives.
- Write proposals and define the scope of work.
- Understand the importance of permits and licenses.
- Determine ticket prices and selling strategy.
- Identify the challenges of and solutions for closing city streets.
- Work with first responders and other government agencies.
- Find food and entertainment vendors.
- Manage volunteers and community relations.
- Understand marketing and sponsorships.
- Create event safety, security and risk management plans.