Course DescriptionRisk management plans are essential when planning events, as they identify the potential risks that may arise from holding an event. Recent world news has raised awareness of the vulnerability of events to safety and security incidents, and many event professionals struggle to devise crisis management plans specific to their events. This course will review best practices for event safety and security. Students will learn the importance of risk management planning and the steps needed to identify and prepare for incidents that could occur.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify and assess risk, threat and vulnerability for events.
- Create event safety, security and risk management plans.
- Budget for security.
- Identify the importance of people movement and management.
- Understand the need for emergency action planning and crisis management.
- Identify when and how to hire medical and security personnel.
- Find necessary tools and resources.