Course DescriptionAn event planning business can be a fulfilling and profitable opportunity for someone who is social, organized and detail-oriented with a talent for entertaining and coordinating events. Take your passion for event planning to the next level with the best practices and tools you need to start, manage and grow a successful business. The special events industry has grown enormously in the past decade. Companies and individuals often find they lack the expertise and time to plan events themselves and hire event professionals to give their special events the attention they deserve. Explore the basics of building an event business and the necessary steps to help you succeed.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Set up an event planning business with knowledge of business structure.
- Understand financial management and insurance basics.
- Develop proposals, vendor agreements and contracts and manage day-to-day operations and costs.
- Identify and contract reliable vendors.
- Scout for potential clients and build a loyal customer base for large and small events.
- Identify a market niche and establish yourself within the industry.
- Define your personal brand and identify your target market.
- Use traditional and social marketing tools to promote your business, events and self.
- Understand website and marketing material design.